The video is at the bottom of the page.
- Go into the Collections screen (on the Quick Link menu) for the former resident
- Click CHANGE AGREEMENT
- Monthly Payment = Enter the entire balance of the former resident (NOT the amount received)
- Description = Received payment from ______ (or whatever description is helpful)
- Click POST CHARGES
- Date = Enter the date you received the payment
- Amount = Enter the entire balance of the former resident (NOT the amount received)
- Click OK
- Click POST PAYMENT
- Enter the information about the check you received.
- Batch the payment, when you are finished
NOTE: at this point, the collections account has a zero balance and the residents ledger shows them owing for the amount that the collection company retained.
- Do a NEW TRANSACTION
- You will create a Credit for the former resident
- Date = The same date as the payment date
- Type = Credit
- Transaction Category = Bad Debt Recovery Fee
- Your transaction category may be named something different
- Amount = the amount that the collection company retained (their "fee" amount).
NEED MORE HELP? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Video too small? Click the Full Screen link on the lower right of the video!
Permissions and Settings
To accept money from a 3rd party collection company you need permission to add and edit transactions. To do this go to Admin > User > (Select User) > Change Permissions > Transactions > Add, Edit
In order to [action], you need to [Description of Setting]. Click here to read how to set that up.