The TWO VIDEO's are at the bottom of the page.
For those times when the user has a transaction that needs to be reversed and backed out of the GL, ResMan® has a simple reversal tool.
1. Retrieve the Transaction
a. Enter information about the transaction in the Quick Search box
- Unit Number
- Check # / Money Order #
b. Click > Resident Name to arrive at the Resident Portal
c. Open the Ledger module
- Click on the blue bar " Ledger"
- Or Click on the left menu under Information-Ledger
d. Click the line of the item to be reversed. It will highlight that line.
e. Click > Reverse
f. Choose Reason for Reversal for Credit
- Card Recapture (only available for payments)
- Non-Sufficient Funds (only available for payments)
- Other (will NOT be hidden)
- Posting Error (will be hidden from the Resident)
g. Under Notes enter the reason for the reversal
h. Click > OK
**Remember: If you reverse a Payment...it will reduce your Deposit Batch.
Editing a Payment does not touch the batch.
Editing vs Reversing Payments
|Use EDIT if you need to change
o Account: Unit / Resident
o Payment method
o Payment reference number
|Use REVERSE if you need to change:
o Payment Date
o Payment Amount
Reversal Reasons (and the results)
Credit Card Recapture & Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF)
- Resident Ledger: Original and reversal transaction display (NOT hidden).
- For NSF’s you also have the NSF charge assessed & the NSF count is increased
- Resident Ledger: Original and reversal transaction are hidden.
- Resident Ledger: Original and reversal transaction display on the ledger (NOT hidden).
NEED MORE HELP? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Video too small? Click the Full Screen link on the lower right of the video!
Permissions and Settings
To reverse a resident transaction you need permission. To check permissions, go to Admin > User > (Select User) > Change Permissions > Transactions > Edit.