The video is at the bottom of the page.
Once you have sent a Resident's balance to a third-party collections agency, you will need to know how to enter payments when they come back from the agency.
A. Locate Unit/ Resident that you have sent to Collections
- Enter Unit #/Name in "Quick Search"
- Accounting > Collections
B. Select > Post 3rd Party Payment
- Enter payment information
- Payment Method
- Reference number
- Payment Amount - the amount you received from the agency
- Collection Agency Fee - the amount the agency is holding for the collection fee
- The resident will get credit for the Payment Amount + Fee Amount.
- This process is the same whether you are integrated with one of our collections partners or you have manually sent the balance to your own collection agency.
NEED MORE HELP? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Video too small? Click the Full Screen link on the lower right of the video!
Permissions and Settings
To post a payment from my collection agency you need permission to create new transactions. To check permissions, go to Admin > User > (Select User) > Change Permissions > Transacstions > Add.