The video is at the bottom of the page.
ResMan allows you to create various types of Purchase Orders and/or Invoices.
Each of these types can have it's own approval rules.
Here are the steps to set this up:
1. Create the user Workflow Groups.
This will be each "level" that has to approve certain types of PO's or Invoices
Admin > Groups. Type = Workflow Groups
2. Add users to those Workflow Groups
This will identify which users are in each of these approval Workflow Groups
Admin > Users. Within a user, select the Workflow Group for that user.
Note: Users are not required to be in a Workflow Group.
3. Create the Purchase Order and/or Invoice Expense Types
This will create different types of PO's or Invoices that can have different approval workflows.
Admin > Settings > Payables. In the Expense Types section, add the various types.
This will result in choices on a PO or Invoice screen as follows:
4. Create the Approval Workflows
This will tell ResMan what groups should approve each Expense Type...and under what situations (certain dollar amounts or budget amounts).
Admin > Settings > Workflows
There will be 1 default setting for Invoice - General (or Purchase Order - General)
That setting means that if an invoice is a "General" invoice, someone in the Default workflow group will always need to approve it.
But here is an example of a fancier workflow for Capital Expenses:
In this example:
- Someone in the Default group will always need to approve the invoice.
- If the invoice is over 5,000.00 or 100% over budget, then someone in the Regional group will need to approve it.
- If the invoice is over 10,000 someone in the President Group will need
NOTE: If a higher-level approver approves the PO or Invoice, none of the lower-level approvers will be required.
NOTE: You will see any PO's or Invoices waiting for your approval on the boardroom modules:
My Pending Purchase Orders
My Pending Invoices
NEED MORE HELP? WATCH THIS VIDEO
Video too small? Click the Full Screen link on the lower right of the video!