Certifying Applicants and Residents
1. A new Certification can be generated from two locations, the New Certification link found in the Leasing Workflow on the left hand navigation or in the Compliance Verification section found within the applicant record.
2. Make a selection for the type of certification. In an Applicant account, the only options will be Initial, Market and Move-in.
Note: Choosing Market will designate the household as a Market (Conventional) household. If a household is Market, none of the compliance regulations should apply to that household.
3. In a Resident account, the options will be Initial, Interim, Market and Recertification.
4. In the event a certification is selected that causes a compliance issue, the Compliance Messaging section will return a compliance message and prevent the use from going forward.
5. Select the appropriate program and enter the Effective date for the certification.
6. The Tax Credits Programs section will show all the programs at the property. The programs in green are those the household is qualified for and are selectable. The programs in red are those the household is not qualified and are not selectable.
7. The Compliance Messaging section will display compliance messages stating why the household is not qualified for the programs in red.
8. Select the programs for the household and click OK.
Certification Approval Workflow
1. Once a certification is created, it will be found in the Compliance Verification section and have a Status of Pending Verification.
2. Select the certification and click Edit.
3. The Compliance Verification page will show all of the pertinent data that will map to the Tenant Income Certification.
4. The Header will show basic unit, household and lease information.
5. The Programs section will display the Programs the household was placed on along with the Effective date, Recertification date, Type of certification and Status of the certification.
6. The Signatures section is capturing the date that the household signed the certification
Note: The certification cannot be Completed without a signature date.
7. The Status Notes section will display updated statuses of the certification as it is processed through the workflow. The auto notes that are created can be edited by selecting the note and clicking the Edit button.
8. The Compliance Messaging section will display various compliance messages pertaining to potential violations that may take place if the certification is completed or tasks that need to be performed in order to complete the certification. Messages can be overridden by selecting the message and clicking the Override button (based on rights). The Compliance Checker button can be clicked at any time to see if the certification has caused any compliance issues for the property.
9. The Household Members displays the members in the household. Select a member and click the Edit button to update any member information or mark the member as being Verified.
10. The Employment section displays the employment income records for appropriate households members. Select a member and click the Edit button to update any employment information or mark the record as being Verified.
11. The Other Income section displays the employment income records for appropriate households members. Select a member and click the Edit button to update any other income information or mark the record as being Verified.
12. The Assets section displays the asset records for appropriate households members. Select a member and click the Edit button to update any asset information or mark the record as being Verified.
13. The Verification Letters section is used to produce the Verification letters that pertain to the household
14. Clicking the Add button for Verification Letters will open a dialogue allowing the user to select a Resident the add a letter for as well as select the Verification Letter for the member.
15. The Get Recommended button will return recommended letters for the household based on the member data on the certification record.
16. Once a letter is added to the record, it will appear in the Verification Letters section where the user can Download, replace by using Upload or Delete the letter.
17. The Documents section can be used to upload any files pertaining to the certification that need to be reviewed as part of the approval process.
18. At any time the user can click the Review And Print button to product the pdf version of the populated Tenant Income Certification specific to their state agency.
19. Once the certification is ready to be submitted for approval, the user can click the Submit for Approval button, add whatever notes they want to add and submit it to the next step of the workflow. Upon submitting for approval, those roles and personnel who are set to receive email notifications will be informed via email that a certification is ready for their review.
20. Upon receiving the email notification, those who are responsible for addressing the next step in the workflow will log in to ResMan and access the certifications by going to the Compliance Verification link that is located either in the secondary navigation or in the Tools > Affordable section.
21. Next the user will simply need to filter the Status list on the certification status they need to view. Those that were submitted from the first step of the workflow will be in Pending Approval status.
22. Once the user access the Compliance Verification page that pertains to the certification they are reviewing, they will have access to all the data and files that are mapped to the certification record.
23. Since the certification is in Pending Approval status, the user will now have the ability to put the certification in to the following statuses by clicking the Change Status button; Approve, Corrections Needed, Deny or Pre-approved with Corrections. Performing one of these actions will prompt an email notification to be sent to the roles or personnel based on the emails set up for those notifications.
24. Upon receiving the email notification, those who are responsible for addressing the next step in the workflow will log in to ResMan and access the certifications by going to the Compliance Verification link that is located either in the secondary navigation or in the Tools > Affordable section.
25. If the certification is in Approved status, the user will now have the ability to Complete the certification.
Note: If the certification had been Denied, the record will be closed. If the certification needs Corrections, the user will need to make the corrections and resubmit for approval. If the certification is Pre-approved with Corrections, the user will need to make the requested corrections prior to Completing the certification.